Doejo is looking for a Designer with UX experience and solid brand design skills that likes to work across multiple mediums. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated pragmatic problem solver.
Doejo is a full service digital agency headquartered in Chicago. We provide branding, art direction, web design & development, creative marketing, social media strategy, commercial video production, and commercial storefront development services to a wide array of clients, from bootstrapped startups to Fortune 500 companies.
If you desire to work in an informal, collaborative environment then this job is for you. You will be given the opportunity to provide guidance and participate in all aspects of design in an environment that encourages you to work hard, grow, innovate and deliver.
Working within our established creative process you will be asked to:
- Collaborate with clients, fellow designers and developers to define the user experience.
- Create strategy documents outlining scope, project objectives and user requirements.
- Plan and conduct user testing.
- Analyze and interpret website metrics and create site audits.
- Create user flows, wireframes, sitemaps and other deliverables.
- Create brand identities (logos, brand systems, style guides).
- Create strong and engaging brand imagery.
- Create hi-fi mockups for mobile and desktop applications.
- Present deliverables and findings to clients.
- Stay on top of new developments in design and technology.
- Advanced understanding of User-Centered Design.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with content management systems
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS.
- Mid to senior level experience in interactive design.
- Experience creating a brand and brand guidelines.
- Experience working on complex applications with many moving parts.
- Key member of a team though the product development of several successfully launched web, mobile or other applications.
- Print experience not required but a bonus!
- You can appreciate a good css transform when you see one
- You think wordpress is cool
- You think ruby on rails is cooler
- Your attention to detail is comparable to that of an old stodgy german typography designer
- You think you could show us a thing or two on how to design
Is competitive within industry standards and will be based on candidate’s specific experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Your email should include a portfolio as a link or as an attachment
Doejo is excited to share that we have an awesome new client, Whirlyball.
For the uninitiated, Whirlyball the game is a mashup of bumper-cars, lacrosse and basketball. Whirlyball the place is a destination for fun times: combination sports bar, restaurant, arcade, and amusement park. Chances are you’ve been there for parties or corporate events.
As they gear up to move into a shiny new location to franchise and expand the business, Whirlyball came to Doejo to revitalize the brand. As a part of our R&D phase for this project, Team Doejo made the trek over to Lincoln Park to enjoy an evening of food, drink and games.
We were impressed by the delicious eats, awesome bar menu and friendly staff. But it wouldn’t have been a party without some raucous Whirlyball action. Doejo Video tagged along to document the fun that ensued and it can be seen below.
In my own typical years-behind-everyone fashion, I’ve been getting more and more into Twitter lately. I’m leaning toward using it to exclusively follow other web developers and designers, especially if they’re also in Chicago.
Earlier this week I started following fellow Chicago transplant Joe Walnes (@joewalnes) who shortly thereafter made mention of his forthcoming invention Nova. Nova is a credit card-sized hand-held camera flash for use with iOS and Android devices. Nova was successfully funded via Kickstarter last fall and is currently available to pre-order at wantnova.com.